🔥 Competition is heating up in Asia! 🔥 APAC players are hopping on the startup bandwagon to claim the title of best ecosystem in the region, but who gets the crown? 👑
On April 18th, let’s find out! At our Battle of the Startup Ecosystems fireside chat, experts from Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, and Thailand will battle it out on one stage! We’ll hear from special guests including Alexander Chan (Co-Director of The Mills Fabrica 南豐作坊 HK), Amarit Charoenphan (Co-Founder and Chief Connection Office of Techsauce Thailand), Joseph Huang (Venture Partner at Infinity Ventures Partners), and Holly Harrington (General Manager at Taiwan Startup Stadium).
We warmly invite you to this exciting showdown of 4 rising startup scenes! RSVP at: https://www.accupass.com/go/rockthemicasia2018
🔺 Key Takeaways:
- What are the coolest things happening in each ecosystem?
- How do these 4 startup scenes really compare?
- Who are the key ecosystem players to know if you want to enter one of these markets?
- What are the latest vertical trends in each startup scene?
- What are some red flags in terms of doing business and receiving investments?
- What are some secrets about each ecosystem that only locals understand?
- 6:00-6:30 | Sign up & Network
- 6:30-6:35 | TSS Opening
- 6:35-6:50 | Guest Sharing from Infinity Ventures Summit, Techsauce Global Summit, and The Mills Fabrica
- 6:50-7:40 | Panel: Battle of the Startup Ecosystems
- 7:40-8:30 | Mingling
🔺 Guest Speakers:
- Alexander Chan | Co-Director, The Mills Fabrica
Alexander Chan is currently the Co-Director of The Mills Fabrica – a leading Hong Kong based techstyle focused incubator/ fund/ space dedicated towards building a techstyle innovation community globally. Alexander currently takes charge of investments (Fabrica Fund) as well as incubation support and government/ policy related affairs.
Prior to joining Fabrica, Alexander worked in consulting and private equity focusing on consumer and TMT investments.He is highly active related to innovation/ entrepreneurship, social mobility and public policy. He previously obtained a BEng from HKU and an MPP from Oxford University.
- Amarit (Aim) Charoenphan | Co-Founder & Chief Connection Officer, Techsauce Media
Aim is the Co-Founder and Chief Connection Officer of Techsauce Media as well as the Co-Founder and CEO of HUBBA Thailand – one of the biggest co-working spaces in Thailand. Techsauce Media is the key organizer behind Techsauce Global Summit – one of the leading tech conferences in Southeast Asia. He is also an active Southeast Asian startup ecosystem builder, serial entrepreneur, and angel investor who has started and invested in over 30 businesses and advised and spoken to ecosystem leaders, governments and coworking space operators in over 20 countries.
- Holly Harrington | General Manager, Taiwan Startup Stadium
Taiwan Startup Stadium Co-Founder & General Manager Holly Harrington has played an integral part in TSS since its founding in 2015, from overall branding and marketing strategy to the design and execution of startup coaching programs, as well as international exhibitions across Asia and North America. Prior to the formation of TSS, she served a broad variety of clients in entertainment and tech, including Discovery TLC, Fun Taiwan's Janet Hsieh, StorySense, and Fourdesire. American by birth, she is a permanent resident of Taiwan and has resided in Taipei since 2005. She is a founding member of Forward Taiwan, formed in 2013 to promote immigration reform and enable local entrepreneurs to attract and retain international talent.
- Joseph Huang | Venture Partner, Infinity Venture Partners
Joseph Huang is a venture partner at Japanese investment firm Infinity Venture Partners, dabbling in the seed to A round investment of internet, mobile industry, software, digital content industry, and disruptive technology. Some of his key investments have included companies like M17, Pinkoi, and GliaCloud, and he works extensively with Taiwanese startups entering the Japan market. Prior to working at Infinity Venture Partners, he was an investment partner at Abico VC and co-founder of Gamesamba.